Director of Media-24 cycling media consultancy
Road and Mountain Bike endurance specialist
66% of life
Life’s as unpredictable as the weather, that’s why we should never be afraid to ride in the rain
A word from Mike
It’s funny, one of the first things that we do as we enter the world is to breathe. A deep inhalation of life, energy and purity all within a few moments of being born. As we grow older (and hopefully wiser) it can be easy to lose focus of this natural survival instinct until the moment when you remind yourself what you’re actually breathing for.
Don’t leave it too long to realise the answer to your own question. As soon as you do you may never have the same perspective or priorities on the world once more and you can start living the life that you truly want, beyond that of expectations, limitations, preconceptions or any other notion that may prevent you from simply being you.
Road, Mountain Bike and Cyclo-Cross Palmarès
- 2014: Non-Stop The Road to Mont Blanc 53h 38min / 1,012km / 21,250m elevation
- 2013: Non-Stop Les Alpes 33h 39min / 677km / 16,066m elevation
- 2011: Non-Stop Raid Pyrenees 30h 43min / 684km
- 2009: 10th The Race Across the Alps, Austria/Italy/Switzerland (535km)
- 2008: South Downs Double 19h 52min 26 seconds (Alpine Record)
- 2006: South Downs Double 22h 25min 22 seconds (Supported Record)
- Four Time Wessex Cyclocross Champion
- 1st La Morzine Vallee d’ Aulps, Grand Trophy series, France
- 1st British finisher Grand Raid Cristalp, Switzerland
- 1st British finisher (22nd overall) L’Etape du Tour 06
- 1st British finisher (36th overall) La Marmotte 06
- 2nd 24 Hours of Adrenalin Solo World Championships 08, Canada
- 3rd Rampilonga, Italy
- 3rd Roc d’Azur, France
- 4th SAAB Salomon Mountain Mayhem Solo 24hr, UK
- 5th Swiss Power Cup, Switzerland
- 5th La Ventoux, Grand Trophy series, France
- 5th Henninger Turm support race, Germany
- 7th La Trois Ballons, Grand Trophy series, France
Start young & ride long
Moving out of home at the young age of 21 and heading to a foreign country where even the simple things like doing grocery shopping and generally understanding the meaning of all of the background noise was a fast track lesson in getting out there and making the life I saw when I closed my eyes at night actually happen.
Roll forward the best part of 15 years and I’m proud to now be in a position where I’m able to use all of my experience, skills and creativity to help more folk become inspired to ride a bike, take on a challenge or believe in their own ability whilst working with friends and some of the best cycling brands in the world to tell a little piece of my story as it happens.
Although the seed had been planted years before, it took until 2012 to bring Media-24 to life creating unique content crafted from authenticity and the love of life and everything that we live for.
If you need help or have a cycling question then please feel free to Ask Mike.
I’ve been following Mike since reading an article in RIDE Magazine featuring an aritcle on L’Etape in 2008…This guy is truly an inspiration.
Inspirational is a word that doesn’t even touch what you are to cycling Mike.
Thanks Mike, Thanks to you I started to ride a bike.
Some of your trips are very inspirational, so I’ve signed up & planned a few myself.
Mike is a pioneer of cycling in so many ways. We’re truly honoured that he is part of the Mavic brand.